Friday, January 30, 2015

How I'm Feeling...

Update - Sunday:
I slept really well last night and was treated to breakfast in bed from Owen and Will - cutest thing ever.  I felt good enough to go to church with the family for an hour.  I took some almonds, water, and ginger tea in a travel thermos with me to the meeting so that I could keep my tummy settled and make it through.  I was sipping on my tea in sacrament meeting and made some kind of lame joke to Bradley about if he's ever seen anyone drinking tea in the chapel before - I got the "I love you but don't try to be funny look" to which I replied, "don't worry, it's herbal." and then I got the full on teenage eye roll - ha ha, best part of my day!  I came home and ate (I am craving weird foods) and then had a lovely nap.  I feel about 75% today which makes me thrilled.  Having said all this, I have to add a disclaimer: If you see me out and about and I'm not chatty or smiley or go out of my way to talk with you, please do not be offended.  I have moments of being chipper, but I am an introvert at heart so it takes all of my energy sometimes to be social.  When I'm not feeling well, being companionable is the first thing to go... 
Sorry - it's not you, it's me. ;-)  Have a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday!

Update - Saturday Night:
Today was kind of rough.  I didn't get out of bed until after 4:30 in the afternoon and even then I was just laying on the couch.  Owen was so cute and told me that he learned on Phineas and Ferb that you start to feel better if you get out of bed and move around a bit.  With that endorsement, I popped right up. ;-)  Even though I'm really nauseous, I still haven't puked so I feel super grateful about that.  I should start feeling better in the next day or so fingers crossed!!

Update - Friday Night:  
Still feeling ok (you know, all things considered).  Bone aches are starting, and I'm still nauseous, but no vomiting so I feel very lucky so far.  I had a nap from 4:30-6:00, then had an amazing dinner brought by neighbors.  I fell asleep again from 8:00-9:30 and now I'm ready for bed again... this is turning into my sleep diary!  Here are some pics of things that put a smile on my face today:
Also, Owen just walked past in a sleepy daze to go the the bathroom.  As he walked back towards bed he gave me a kiss, told me he loved me, and told me he'd pray for me all night in his dreams.  I am a very blessed person. 

Original Post:
All is good so far in the land of chemo recovery; knock on wood!

It was weird going to bed last night because I kept wondering when the really bad nausea would hit.  I woke up at about 7:30 with an uneventful night and helped get the little boys off to school.  I've decided that I can't keep waiting anxiously for my side effects - it'll drive me crazy!  So, I'm just going to go about my day like normal(ish) and take lots of rest breaks.


My head still hurts and I still feel mildly queasy but it's manageable... it feels almost like it does right before a migraine headache comes on.  I'm craving warm foods and I'm still drinking lots of water and ginger tea to settle my stomach.


The only other side effect is that I'm tired.  After I got the boys to school I went for a walk.  It felt good to get my blood flowing but it wore me out so I had a nap from 10-1.  I'm thinking that a nap again at 3 or 4 sounds like a good idea! :-) 


If anything changes I'll post on here, but know that so far I'm doing better than I expected!  Yea!!!

4 comments:

  1. This just made my day. I've been going crazy over here wishing that there was something that I could do to help you. I'm so glad that it has gone relatively smooth so far. Now I need to go find some wood to knock on as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie is so cute, I guess I need to find some wood as well. I've just been continuing to pray for you. I hate to see you have to go through all of this. Just know we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just passed you driving and thought WOW! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful and the heart attack was darling.:) I am so glad that you have had the opportunity to just rest, though Owen's comment about Phineas and Ferb was pretty hilarious.:D I agree with the not waiting for the symptoms bit...that could make you crazy!
    Love you. <3

    ReplyDelete